Sunday, January 25, 2009

The flea market

He got out. The inner critic, I mean. Asking me who I think could be interested in what I have to say.
That is just like him – always knows just where to stab with his pointy remarks. Suddenly, I had no idea what I was doing. Why do I want to keep a blog? Who could be interested in any of my ideas, thoughts? What should I write about?
I have been avoiding even the thought of writing …

But, enough already. I am going to give it another try. Ignore him – as best I can. It really isn’t easy to break a life long habit.
Even if he should be right and nobody is interested, I will continue, because I am doing this for myself.

I was at the flea market this morning. I love to go to the flea market. The anticipation is just exquisite. What treasure will I find today? Have I mentioned that I am a notorious collector? I even love to visit the flea market when I really don’t have any money to spend. I love the atmosphere, love to watch the people there, pick up snatches of conversation (which can sometimes be quite hilarious) and just see all those beautiful objects. There is the whole world in a relatively small area. Furniture, paintings, photographs, vintage linens and clothing, household items, garden accessories, books, appliances, junk and junque, tools of all sorts, jewellery – the list could go on forever. It is fantastic!!!
At the moment, I am sort of concentrated (as much as that is possible for someone who collects and collects …) on vintage jewellery (or just parts of vintage jewellery), watch parts and odd bits and pieces. It takes me longer to look around, because I spend so much time poking around in little boxes and bowls and what have you, to see if I can find something that will inspire me.


These are some of the pieces I found today.

Sometimes I come home feeling like I have found a treasure. Of course, there are days when I don’t find anything I would like to have (at least not for the price that was asked). But I do usually find something. I hope to show you what I have created from these vintage treasures soon.

2 comments:

pearlswirl said...

I also LOVE scouring the flea markets for all kinds of vintage finds, and know exactly the anticipation you're talking about--what will I find today?

You found some gorgeous pieces and I can't wait to see what you make.

SummersStudio said...

Hello. I found you over on Lynn's blog. Ignore the inner critic! Just keep writing. I love flea markets too and I really love the key hole thingy in your treasures. Cheers, LeAnn