Saturday, January 31, 2009

Work in progress 1



Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. ~ Roald Dahl ~

In my last post, I showed you the diverse treasures I discovered at the flea market. This is one of the pieces I am currently working with. An art nouveau style key hole escutcheon made of brass is the starting point for what will become a necklace. I have been playing with various colour schemes and have finally decided green and violet will be the colours. They seem so in tune with spring (which I wish was not so far away). Now I will decide how the focal piece will be accented by the glass beads. This means trying different combinations of bead stringing, wire wrapping etc.
I will post more pictures as the piece develops.

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

The escutcheon favourite piece in your little treasure trove. I like how the greens and purples work with the brass and I love that womans face peeking out from the key hole. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress. LeAnn

stregata said...

Hi LeAnn,
Thank you for your interest and your encouragement. I am really looking forward to where this piece is going.
Renate

SummersStudio said...

Renate, I saw your post over on my blog this morning and just wanted to stop by and say thanks and hello. It took me a long time to get going with blogging (months, really) but the little while I've been doing it has been very rewarding. I hope you find the same for your self. Meanwhile I'll keep following along as I've really enjoyed your posts. Best, LeAnn