Friday, February 13, 2009

Waiting for spring


Spring violets

The weather has been gloomy for days (for ever?). Today, after more snow flurries, the sun showed her lovely face and I raced out to get some pictures taken. There is no way to suitably imitate natural light for photographs. Well, at least I can't. I have completed several new earrings and I need pictures to list them in my shop. So out I went. Now, it isn't really that cold, just above 0°C, but a half an hour of trying to take pictures and my fingers would no more do my bidding. The sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds, so only some of the pictures turned out.

Actually, spring isn't really far away. In 4 weeks, the violets could actually be blooming in the garden. But it seems like winter is lasting forever. I feel this way almost every year. I'm not a big fan of winter. Although I realize, spring would not be so glorious without winter.

I have listed a couple of new earrings and more will be following.

Floral sunset


Faery beads teal

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

Renate, the colour combinations are just wonderful on all your earings. Spring is here, at least temporarily, for us. It's about 15C. Cheers, LeAnn