Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Surprises and a new necklace

The mailman brought me a surprise! I received an envelope from France, from my sweet friend Esther. Go take a look at what she has been up to lately - you won't be disappointed!
She sent me this lovely tag/card! Red glitter on the lips of the angel! Oh Esther, you really are all about details!

On the card was this lovely pin! She knows that I love copper and green, so it is perfect! Thank you so much, my lovely friend!

Portrait of a Lady Necklace
Seems I am very into grey at the moment. Must be the weather! Another of my mother of pearl and resin focals, this time with a portrait photo of a beauty of yesteryear. Although I think she looks surprisingly modern. Teamed up with copper chain, freshwater pearls, mother of pearl facetted disks and facetted labradorite beads.

10 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Einfach wunderschoen, Renate! Both, the gift you received (must check out that blog!) and your new necklace. It looks so elegant!! Hope you are staying warm - my dad said that all of Germany is freezing! Hugs, Silke

Narrative jewelry said...

That's a real lovely Christmas gift in fact.The tag is so lovely and the brooch, so cute. Esther is just so sweet.
Your necklace is in the mood, your are right Renate ! But i prefer it than the weather we had for the moment. Thinking to people living outside...

Anonymous said...

beautiful gift! that esther is so talented!
and i love the colors in your necklace, i think it's lovely.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hermanita,

How wonderful to have one of Esther's beautiful creations. Our little Kindred Sister is truly a gifted artists!!

Oh I really love this piece. Especially how you have blended the very vintage feminine feeling of the pearls with the more modern simplicity of the metal links!! And I am always drawn to the more muted earthy tones, so I can see why you love working with the colors!! :)

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx

Sherry said...

I love your beautiful necklace...I think it's only natural that we are influenced by the weather around us.

And Esther has gifted you well...a beautiful tag with rosy red lips (!) and a gorgeous brooch!

sharon said...

Only gorgeous things can come from that sweet Esther! How beautiful!! Your necklace is stunning Renate! I love the cool look of the gray. I always avoid this color...it is difficult for me, but you have made it look beautiful!

Esther said...

beautiful Renate!!You know that i love your focals!!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

What a lovely surprise! The green looks great with the copper and perfect for those cold days wearing scarves. You necklace is looks great! I like the gray colors, they go well with the picture.

Barbara Lewis said...

Beautiful! I know the tag is paper, but it seems like fabric. It takes on a 3-D look almost as if it's been stuffed with polyfiber.

lilylovekin said...

Beautiful necklace. I am drawn to grey this year, I'm not sure why. but I've always loved pearls and the piece is lovely.