Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday flea market

Today is going to be hot and muggy, so we headed for the flea market early. We haven't been to this particular flea market for a while and at first I thought, this is going to be one of those empty-handed days. Which goes to show - you never know what you will find at the flea market, until you have covered the whole flea market...
Actually, I was looking for some larger rusty metal pieces to use in something I am planning for the garden. Of course, I never find anything I am particularly looking for. Must be a 'natural law' of flea marketing. But I did find some great goodies for my jewelry making stash...


Pocket watch backing and a number tag - 13 is my favorite number...


Chandelier crystals - how could I resist?


Some wonderfully unusual little light bulbs.


Naturally shed antlers... so cool!


Some really soft leather scraps. 

 Wishing you all a wonderful early summer Sunday and thank you for visiting!

11 comments:

steufel said...

Hach, wie immer bin ich neidisch, wenn ich Deine Schätze sehe, Du hast echt einen Blick für grandiose Dinge!

Barry said...

Hi S- just love your posts on the flea markets - it is one of the things I miss living in a small country town - no flea markets with a range of stuff. You did well with your crystals, globes and antlers. Go well. B

Refindlings said...

Great finds! Love the light bulbs.

fanciful devices said...

when will we see these finds in action?

lilylovekin said...

Wonderful little light bulbs. I got rained out of the monthly flea market here. So instead I am going to a bead store that has a 25% off sale!

Judy said...

Very nice! The leather looks so soft! It is always best to approach a flea market with no expectations, because you never know what you will find! The fun is all in the hunt!

sharon said...

Great interesting finds Renate! I have given up on that notion of "finding" something at the flea because I never do when I am looking!
You have found some unique things to play with!

Barbara Lewis said...

What a great haul! Love the little light bulbs and the leather. Funny, but I'm imagining all of these disparate objects together in a gorgeous piece from you!

Unknown said...

You said it! You never really find what your looking for at flea markets, but there are almost always goodies to be found. Some great finds!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

You are so awesome, do you know that? I feel like I get treasure everytime you show us something new! Thanks, friend. Blessings.

Jill Zaheer said...

Thank you so much for your sweet congratulatory comment on Alicia's blog. Yes, I think we are all so blessed to be part of her print zine. I've just looked through your blog- endlessly looking at the photos of your trips to the flea market . I've also been looking at the gorgeous jewelry that you make. Just beautiful!! Thanks again!!